Rainier Christian High School Part-Time Student Policy for 2020-2021
Guidance for Part-Time Students
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of four classes (4 credits) annually to graduate from RCHS. A minimum of two classes (2 credits) must be taken from courses offered on campus at RCHS. Part-time students are not eligible for Valedictorian or Salutatorian awards.
- Homeschool students who wish to graduate from RCHS must have all classes approved by the administration prior to the class being taken and must provide adequate evidence of satisfactory progress for each class taken.
- Students must also be enrolled in a minimum of four classes (4 credits) to participate in sports or co-curricular activities. A minimum of two classes (2 credits) must be taken from courses offered on campus at RCHS.
- A student may enroll in one or more Red Comet classes if they are enrolled in two or more on-campus classes each semester.
- Red Comet Classes are available to students meeting the above requirement if:
1) the class is needed for credit remediation,
2) the class is a graduation requirement and cannot otherwise fit into a student’s schedule, or
3) the class is not offered on the RCHS campus and has been approved by the
student’s parent and the principal prior to the beginning of the class.
There is an administrative fee of $75 payable to RCS for each Red Comet class taken.
If you have additional questions, please contact the High-School registrar, Helene Thomas,